Location: West Sacramento, California
Company: Bike Dog Brewing Co.
Position: Cellar Person/Assistant Brewer
Shift: Full Time (40hrs/week, occasional OT)
About The Job:
- Daily cellar operations consisting of the following with massive attention to safety and beer quality
- Cellar management with a focus on low D.O. pick up
- Beer packaging (kegging, canning, bottling)
- Beer clarification/carbonation
- Tank dumps and dry hopping
- CIP of fermentation tanks, brite tanks, various other equipment
- Yeast management (cropping, harvesting, storage, cell counts, generation tracking, yeast recipe management, etc)
- Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and then a little more cleaning…
- Cleaning floors, tanks inside and out, yeast brinks, cellar equipment, packaging equipment, lab equipment, etc.
- Cleaning kegs
- Prepare brew days by weighing and milling grain, weighing out hops, etc.
- All while maintaining superior communication with the brewdeck regarding water temperatures, volumes, and any/all potential safety or quality issues with your eyes, ears, nose, and feet.
The Ideal candidate:
- Have working experience professionally in a brewery setting. This includes a knowledgeable foundation of flow control, pressure, pumps, CIP, packaging, etc.
- Can frequently stand, sit, squat, crouch, crawl and climb
- Can lift 55 lbs. to shoulder height
- Can lift / move full kegs (+/- 150 lbs.)
- Can operate a forklift
- Can work in loud, slippery, hot, humid, and cold environments for extended periods of time
- Can work safely around hazardous chemicals, high voltage, hot liquids, compressed gasses, pressurized vessels, etc.
- Must be an absolute juggernaut of multitasking and paying attention to detail (non-negotiable)
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Start Date: ASAP